Because I’m the ultimate eating machine when it comes to fruits and veggies, I buy a great deal of my produce at a local organic wholesaler. When placing my latest order, a minor miscommunication turned into a delectable surprise, I received five 1 pound bags of fresh and fragrant basil. Woohoo! I don’t think I’ve ever hoarded that much basil in my life!
- 32 oz bottle of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 bunches of fresh basil
- 6 garlic cloves
- Peel the garlic cloves and drop them at the bottom of the glass bottle.
- Add the fresh basil bunch by bunch.
- I use a wooden chopstick to push the last leaves in (try not to bruise the basil too much though).
- Make sure all the basil leaves are completely submerged and seal the bottle.
- Place in a dark and dry spot.
- Let the oil infuse for one week (or more! It keeps tasting better with time!)