You may have noticed my culinary adventures have been on a hiatus. I’ve been slightly distracted by Fashion Week. But I’m back with a vengeance and an appetite to match!
Funny but my acquired taste for burgers coincided with my transition to a raw vegan diet.
I know it may sound rather unorthodox but growing up between Africa and Europe (not exactly burger cultures) might have something to do with that…
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup of clover sprouts
- 2 cups of sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado sliced
- Walnut Burger Patty
- 2 cups of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of shredded carrots (or half a medium size carrot)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 pinch of celtic salt
- Put all the burger patty ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the consistency is slightly sticky.
- Raw walnuts are the perfect base for the patty. They have the ideal consistency and can be easily formed by hand or with an ice cream scoop.
- Slice your tomatoes in half and start piling up the goodies! Add a tablespoon of spicy cashew sauce (The sauce is the same I’m using in my no-rice raw vegan sushi recipe).
- Then add a slice of red onion, avocado, the burger patty and finish up with a generous serving of sprouts.
- I like to eat my burger open faced with a lettuce leaf or for a sloppier effect sandwiched between two tomato halves.
- Bon Appétit!